Acupressure Mat Information and Instructions
By the Bees
Other Health Products
What is the Acupressure Mat and How Does It Work?
The Acupressure Mat or nail bed or spike mat is a product based on the Indian tradition of a bed of nails. With its origins dating back thousands of years, the bed of nails is a well tested tool for healing the body, releasing emotional, physical, and mental blockages, and for relaxation exercises, medication, and yoga. Today the modern variation usually consists of a light foam rubber pad covered in cotton sacking, and embedded with small, hard plastic, disks with sharp little spines or spikes. The popularity of the Acupressure Mat system can be explained by its extreme simplicity, fantastic effectiveness, and immediate relief it offers.
The Acupressure Mat and Pillow set is based on the principle of Acupressure and Japanese Shiatsu massage, The applicators are attached to the mat and pillow in a fashion which stimulates reflex points throughout the body, releasing blocked energy, easing tense muscles, increasing circulation, and creating deep mental and physical relaxation. Benefits include increased level of energy, reduced inflammation and pain, decreased recovery time from injury /surgery, as well as improved and deeper sleep.
Instructions for Using the Acupressure Mat and Pillow Set
We recommend regular usage as a preventative, and to encourage positive effects toward your well-being. If you are pregnant or have a serious medical condition, please consult with your physician before using.
- Place the mat on a bed or soft surface (or for a stronger effect on a hard surface like a floor, etc.)
- Place a thin cloth between yourself and the mat- you can adjust the thickness of the cloth according to your specific pain levels. When you get used to the feeling after several times, you can start using the mat and pillow on your bare skin, without the protective layer.
- You may use a rolled towel under the mat, or use the included pillow to put additional pressure on targeted areas such as the neck, lower back, or spine.
- Distribute your weight evenly on the mat or pillow by lying down slowly and carefully. If desired, support part of your weight on your hands or elbows temporarily.
- Relax and do not move across the points of the applicators. To alter your position, sit back up and lie down again in the desired position. Lie in a comfortable position, so that your skin rests in contact with the points.
- Start by using the Accupressure Mat/Pillow for 10-15 minutes at a time, working up to 20-40 minutes. It is not dangerous to spend more time or fall asleep on the Acupressure Mat.
- Try to relax and breathe deeply. You may feel some temporary discomfort, but this should decrease and eventually subside when circulation increases, and endorphins and oxytocin are released. The feeling of discomfort will shift to a warm sensation with light pressure.
- The Acupressure Mat/Pillow can be used on the back, legs, buttock, joints, neck, face, jaw. abdomen, feet, etc.
For more detailed information on Acupressure Mat and Pillow Sets CLICK HERE